Friday, February 8, 2008

She just couldn't wait another minute....

A few weeks ago I was taking too long to get the twins down for their nap after lunch so Maggie decided she just couldn't wait any longer and put herself to bed. I sure hope it's that easy when they get "big kid" beds! Matthew's 8th birthday was a quiet one at home. Our neighbors and friends Amy, Brooke and Blake came over for cake and presents. Matthew loves to play at their house because he says Amy is a "fun" mom...and apparently I'm not. : ( Maguire hasn't had this much fun with cake since his first birthday party. Maggie ate the frosting off the top of the cake then put the plate on her head like a hat...it's a good thing they're cute!

8 comments:

Mama Mia said...

So fun to see your kids growing up! Maggie is so cute putting herself to sleep...I love how she pulled her blanket through the bars!

Kimber said...

That expression on Maguire's face shows his thrill so well, great picture!

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Giorgis said...

Ahhh.....I love no hassle naps. Too bad it isn't more often. I can't believe how fast time flies by. I remember just yesterday you guys moved here and Mr. Magoo, as I liked to call him, was so little. Wish Matthew a Happy Birthday from Jadie, Jennifer, & Kimball!!!

Jen Giorgis said...

P.S.
I ran into Katherine Hughes at Burger King a few weeks ago and she said to tell you all Hello.

Also, I love your curtains in the Kitchen. I don't think that I had seen those. Was that the fabric you were going to use in the front living room?

Mercy said...

For Jennifer: The curtains are in our dining room and living room. The family room and kitchen have a brick red toile.

The Hearn Crew said...

So cute...I love how Maggie had to have alt least a portion of the blanket. She's so cute. I can't believe Matthew is getting so old. His baptism was fun.

lisa forsyth said...

I miss my little niece and nephews! I can't wait till the camping trip this summer..and will hopefully be seeing them sooner than that!!