Wednesday, February 6, 2008

False alarm...

I'm sure many of you were sooooooo relieved that they let school out early for us to prepare for this major storm that only brought 2-3 inches of snow today - so much for the HUGE storm...unless some major snow happens overnight this whole thing will have been one big hurrah over nothin'....How much money did our school district spend on thousands of phone calls, text messages, and double bus trips for those kids whose parent's couldn't pick them up early only for our kids to laugh that they got out of school early for something that didn't happen?

2 comments:

doezie10 said...

NO kidding! I'm still on the "list" of parents to call! I just think of it as my very own Oswego weather update... miss you and I miss that darling cat of yours! Give her a big kiss for me...

Sarah Jane said...

No kidding, it was a joke. My kids didn't get let out until 2 (nice 1:30 early dismissal.) I called the school for an hour to try and have the kids I babysit sent home. It took their mom calling directly to the classroom to finally get them released at about 2:30. I hear a crossing guard was hit in all the confusion. UNBELIEVABLE!