Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh, the snow....

So I know many of you reading this are living through this junk with us right now but for those of you not in the midwest, we thought we would show you what it looks like in northern Illinois right now. I really hate the snow. It's only beautiful when it's actually falling. As soon as it stops and the snow plows come out and people start leaving home again, it's just dirty and messy. (And this is from someone who is buying 9 acres in the country to build our next home!) I look forward to the 60-70 degree winter days as a resident of the great state of Georgia, may this be my last winter living someplace where it snows! Our cat Muffin likes to try to chase snowflakes through the sliding glass door. I didn't wait long enough to get a photo of her in a full jump but my camera doesn't take good action photos anyway. Oh, the things that provide entertainment in the winters here! These are views out our front windows right now. It's supposed to snow a foot in the next 24 hours so I'll post again with after photos. Our playset hasn't had much use in the last four months but provided a good backdrop to show you how hard it's snowing.

3 comments:

Freddie Dawn said...

Is there enough room on that land for me to pitch a tent? I hate the snow too, and I have lived here almost my whole life. I do enjoy skiing, but man this stuff stinks!!

Mercy said...

Absolutely! Tents welcome!...and visitors, too. We love company and anyone is welcome...whenever we sell our Oswego house, move to Georgia, find a rental then build our dream home and move in...someday!

ashley said...

We have had a lot of snow here as well and it stinks. I am definitely ready for summer:) I don't know what I am going to do when I have to spend a winter in MT.