Saturday, September 15, 2007

It was a great birthday!

Thank you to those who remembered my birthday and helped me celebrate this year. I got to start celebrating on Thursday when 6 girlfriends took me out for brunch. It's a crazy busy month so thank you to those who were able to come and I am sorry we missed those of you who were home with kids or at work--and thank you for my boots!
I started my actual birthday in the wee hours of the morning talking to Koryn for over two hours on the phone (when I should have been cleaning my house). Then I woke up in the morning to the phone ringing and was surprised to her from Koryn again! We usually play phone tag for a few days before we connect. She never checks her email so I had to tell her to go read my blog about her birthday and she needed the blog address again! Since our birthdays are two days apart we can celebrate both on the 14th and call it good! I spent most of the day cleaning and preparing for open house. Good thing church isn't until 1:00 because I still have a lot to do AND keep it all clean until we leave--wish me luck!
Mike took me out to dinner tonight and gave me a present. I don't know about you but we usually have something we've been thinking about and we'd like to buy so we just get it and say it's our present for whatever occasion is coming up. Well, this year Mike really surprised me!!! He got me an ipod!!! Now Mike is usually very frugal but every now and then he just decides to do something extra special. I am very excited to be able to use it on walks and at the gym and....where do you use your ipod? It's the kind that I can watch movies on and can have 20,000 songs or something crazy like that. I'm not THAT much into music but I am thankful to Mike, I love him very much and I am thankful to be happy and healthy for another birthday.

8 comments:

Freddie Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Mercy, I had no idea it was your birthday. I am a horrible friend, I know. Glad it was great.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I couldn't make breakfast. I'm glad you like your boots!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see you in your boots!!

Amy said...

I am so glad you had a nice B-day! It is always fun to celebrate with friends. You will love the ipod.

Mama Mia said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mercy! Way to go Mike....he is always so thoughtful! Remember your last b-day in Omaha! He was out of town and planned a Surprize Birthday Dinner with your friends that you had no idea about! He paid for everything! Oh, and he also did a scavenger hunt for your gift!

The Hearn Crew said...

Happy birthday Mercy!!! I hope the boots fit. If not, call me! I'm glad we were able to meet for brunch. I love hanging out with you. You're a fun person. Enjoy the double 3! YOU WILL LOVE YOUR IPOD!! I use mine all the time. I will show you some tricks! :>)

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Mercy. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

Freddie Dawn said...

And if I had KNOWN there was a breakfast for your birthday, I would have been there.