Thursday, September 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KORYN

While living in Nebraska I had the priveledge of getting to know the Knudsen Family, especially the amazingly talented and beautiful "Miss Koryn" as she was known to all the neighborhood kids. Koryn and I became the best of friends (so did our kids) and very few days went by that we didn't get together, watch each others kids, take turns cooking since our husbands were gone so much or close Target on a Saturday night. We laughed till we hurt and cried and it was okay. We supported each other through 9 months of Weight Watchers and even went to 7:00 am meetings on Saturday mornings (I am NOT a morning person). She's the closest friend I've ever had. She and her husband, Jeremy, who also became great friends with Mike, moved to Omaha about a year after we did. We had the same realtor, Renae Cohn, who called me just minutes after helping the Knudsen's find a home- that just happened to be the next block over from ours- to tell me that she just sold a house to my new best friend. Oh, if she only knew now how right she had been! Well, a year after we left Omaha for a new job, the Knudsen Family was transferred by Jeremy's job. The city of Corpus Christi, Texas is blessed to have them as residents for now. In July I was able to meet up with Koryn in Ogden, Utah where she was visiting her family for the summer. We had a great visit and a fun day shopping at Gateway Mall in Salt Lake. We tried to go to the Salt Lake temple but it was closed for cleaning. Thank you, Koryn, for all the memories. Here's hoping we find a way to visit again someday! : )"Miss Mercy" & "Miss Koryn"We have very similar taste in lots of things, we chose the same shirts at BUCKLE, the same signs at DESERET BOOK and the same headbands at J CREW.

4 comments:

The Hearn Crew said...

Happy Birthday Koryn! I've heard a lot of great things about you! I'm glad you had a great visit, Mercy...with your friend. It's so nice to see friends from our different roads of travel, especially close ones. But I am so glad to have met you. You're a great person.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Koryn! That is such a great picture of you both. Mercy I will be so sad to see you go!

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday Koryn! You two were the dianamic duo in Omaha. You both helped our ward gel together. Thanks for letting my pal around when I moved in. Great pictures! I am so excited you are blogging! I can't wait to check in and see your cute kiddos!

Mama Mia said...

PS You should add a blog roll. It is nice to check out all your blog friends right from your site. It is under settings. Just click add page elements.