Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just cute kids!

I am still amazed that I finally got my "girly" girl! She got toy necklaces and a little purse for Christmas and with her first actual nightgown (vs. foot jammies) she just looked like a little girl, not the little baby she was almost two years ago! Maggie loves to just plant big juicy wet kisses on anyone - mostly Mitchell! I came into the kitchen from the dining room where the adults were having dessert on Christmas day only to find Maguire had taken over an abandoned piece of pumpkin pie...what a cutie!!! A few days before Christmas I was elated to be able to french braid Maggie's hair. It's getting long and it's always in her face and she's a little magician with hair bands and barrettes. She didn't even complain too much about having to sit on the stool for so long...she'd better get used to it - I am looking forward to having cute girly hair to do for many years! This is Maguire's classic facial expression (or lack thereof). He's our little couch potato - we have to curtail his tv watching because if a kid show is on, he's parked in front of the tv until it's over. I have lots more "cute kid" photos but they are on Mike's computer and he's in New Jersey tonight. As long as the weather cooperates he'll be home tomorrow night. Until then, good night : )

8 comments:

ashley said...

I am so glad you updated your blog!! Your kids are darling and growing up so quickly.
And yes there are people that move as often as you:) We're trying not to make a habit of it.Good luck with selling your house and getting down to GA.We are going to rent our home here because the market is dead, as it is everywhere.

Mama Mia said...

Love the french braid! We are jealous of Maggie's long hair!

Freddie Dawn said...

Yay let the braiding begin!!

Koryn said...

I love the look on Mitchell's face during the wet, slobbery smooch. What a patient big bro. The kids all look great! Put some more of Matthew and Mason on so my kids can see more of them.
Braid is beautiful - you are the queen of all you attempt!

Mercy said...

Koryn - I so love you and miss you - even though we've now lived away from each other a year longer than we were neighbors!

Chelsea said...

Wow! You babies are supposed to be, well, babies still! I can't believe how grown up they look. Time is flying by! Are you still working out and melting away? Post more pictures of yourself!! Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Jen Giorgis said...

hey friend,
long time no talk....I love maggies cute braid, it so makes me want a girl. someday hopefully!!! I love your blog and have decided to start one of my owm. It is giorgisfamily.blogspot. Still a work in progress. we miss and love ya all ;)

The Hearn Crew said...

Your kids are just so cute. I can not believe how long Maggie's hair is, and that you could braid it, and that she sat still! She's such a cutie.